To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Sunday, March 11, 2007

SCHOOL REUNION




PJS 1981/1982 - 25 years later

Had a blast at the school reunion last night!

It has been exactly 25 years since we left the Prinses Juliana Schoolengemeenschap in Dordrecht.


The event was organized very well!

The reunion was originally meant for the MAVO students who gaduated in 1981 and 1982, but among the HAVO students there was a lot of interest too. Some of my former classmates got me to sign up as well. Turned out to be quite a large group!


Great fun to see so many familiar faces after so many years. And yes... we have all aged...
Not too many teachers had come to the reunion which I think is a pity.
My favourites - Mr Jongeneel and van de Graaf - were there though!


Too much to talk about with everybody,.... and just too little time!

Some had brought pictures from our final schoolyear. Especially liked the "Kolderdag" shots. I had a bet that year and grew my hair (uyes I still had hair then!) from October to mid-April.
Some of the girls experimented their hairdressers skills om my head that day. Brought back a lot of fun memories!


Also lots of photos from the school excursion we made to Paris. That was my first trip to my now favourite city. Obviously I promoted the trip I am organizing in May. Some were interested in joining. Two are already coming.


We took a few group shots at the end of the evening. We should have these get-togethers a lot more often!

My inspiration - Mr Arie Jongeneel

Especially enjoyed the private tour Andries van de Graaf gave us (only a small group) through "our" school. The building itself hadn't changed much since we left. Of course many rooms had been modernized.


Enjoy,

HK

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hai Hans,

Leuk even je herinneringen te lezen en ja wat was het gezellig!Dat ik het in het engels moet lezen.....Maar het is me gelukt.Zien we nog meer foto`s tegemoet?
Groetjes Wilma

9:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Hans, this is Martha (Leeson) Garcia. Lisa Gilmer gave me your blog address. Hope you don't mind me reading it and leaving comments now and then. I'm big into blogs.

7:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool!~

How are ya???

Send me your accurate email address if you can OK?

Thanks!

I will be in California this summer for DCI!

7:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home