To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

GO TO HELL !


There are only very very few people I'd like to say this to....
But then,.... I've been there myself,... HELL,… and believe me,… it’s not bad at all. It’s a helluva place!

Don’t get the wrong idea now. Hell,… Grand Cayman (Cayman Islands) that is… a very small town surrounded by jagged black rock made up of spiky, porous dolomite and limestone worn away by millions of small tropical algae. Hell's intriguing weathered rock formation is over 1.5 million years old and resembles the charred remains of a hell fire. An abundance of satanic memorabilia at the gift shop was tempting.
Hell's own post office was opened in 1962 for tourists who wanted to send postcards from Hell. And that’s exactly all I did in Hell,.. take a couple pictures of the rocks and send a few funny postcards home postmarked “Hell, Grand Cayman”.
Not many people can literally say “I’ve been to HELL, and back!”
If you get a chance to visit the Cayman Islands,.. I’d say: GO TO HELL !!
Enjoy,
HK

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello HK,
Nice piece about hell. Brings up some good memories.
I've been to hell and back last septembre. (the Grand Cayman one that is) And I agree! Hell isn't that bad at all!? I'll send you some pictures of the postoffice and the rockformations I took.
Greetz,
BACO

10:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home