To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Friday, June 22, 2007

GRADUATED !

I wrote about my buddy Mark in an earlier post.
He is a fantastic guitarplayer and had his graduation concert in Rotterdam last week.


WOW!!! That was absolutely fantastic! And what a band - Penny's Twisted Flavour - he put on stage!

Progressive Rock,... Well,.. Not exactly my favourite kind of music, but it was absolutely stunning!

I had seen them in a try-out gig earlier this year, but tonight they blew me away completely! And what a finish in the encore with two additional fellow-guitarplayers (one from Mythlorian)!

The one-hour concert drew many of his friends to the Waterfront stage in Rotterdam, the city where he studied at the Conservatory. Among them lots of Jubal members and fellow students.

I was lucky to walk in at critique when five of Mark's teachers reviewed the concert and his playing. Nothing but promising words!
A grade of 8.5 (out of 10) is quite something!

Congrats Mark! Well done!!
Keep up the good work! (& I'll be glad to be your Tour Director if you decide taking the band to Japan...)

Enjoy,
HK



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home