To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Sunday, July 15, 2012

DCI MINNEAPOLIS


Good to talk to my parents for a while on Skype this morning. What a great invention!
As I wrote yesterday…. Today was the big event for the top-corps. The first time they’d meet in competition. Luckily the weather held off today. It was a perfect day,… perhaps a little too hot. I bet a lot of people in the crowd got sun burnt as well today.

Last night I met up with some of the DCI staff at the stadium. Good to see them again. They all asked about Jubal and wanted to know how we were doing this season, and most of all WHEN we were planning on coming back. I figured I’d leave that question unanswered. We’ll see… 2014/2015.

Our Jubal buddies Demy, Krijn, Melanie, Michelle, Ilja, Anton, Silvio and former snare Gilles were in this show as well, but due to my commitment to the BD I was only able to get to the stadium late. Too late to see the Colts, Glassmen and Blue Stars perform. Michelle & Ilja had stopped by our food truck looking for me. I had just gone to the stadium. They left me a cute note. Shortly after that I did get to see them and talk to them though.


I did see Blue Knights perform with Melanie and Boston Crusaders with Demy! Will have to try and catch the other corps perform in San Antonio next week.
Melanie was very hard to pick out in the first half of the show. The guard is wearing feathers and their faces are creatively decorated as well. Once they took the feathers off and switched to a red outfit it was easy to find her in the show. She’s doing a fine job!


Boston Crusaders opened in all four corners of the field. Demy was very easy to spot. He’s probably the tallest guy in the entire hornline. Boston has a beautiful music book. Obviously being on the frontsideline with my camera I haven’t got a clue what they do in drill. I will try and see these shows from up top at one of the contests too some day.


Blue Devils were on fire tonight. They placed first with a lead of 0.5 point. Enough room to improve the show even further.
We’re on our way to Rockford, Illinois now. A trip of about 350 miles. Life is great with WIFI on the bus!

Enjoy,
HK

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to play this event because your event is very very much
legal process outsourcing

12:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home