To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

THE NEST

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD !!!!!!!!!!

I posted here about our support staff bus “The Nest” also last year. It’s an old Greyhound bus (1977) that used to serve as one of the corps’ member buses in the old days and was transformed into an “overnight motel on wheels” a few years ago.

Behind the driver’s seat there are two sets of two seats on either side of the aisle for those who want to see the environment while we’re on the road, or just want to be out front for a chat or something. Most trips are during the night, so there’s not a whole lot to see anyway.

A curtain separates that part of the bus from the rest. Next up is a bunk on either side of the aisle. These are for corps manager Cheryl Miles and head chef of Devils Food Carol Vargas. Behind another curtain (it’s almost like business class and economy class on a plane…) is room for the rest of us. A total of 14 bunks (two levels) gives room for an equal number of places to sleep while on the road.

Mine is the first one up on the left side of the bus. Pretty comfortable I should say.

The only disadvantage is that I’m right next to the air conditioning unit on the ceiling, which continuously blows out some very cold air. I am working on putting up a curtain or something, but unfortunately there is nothing to attach it to. I will have to figure out something for that.

My bunk is the usual mess… There’s my laptop, camera, videocamera, an extension cord (yes we have power on the bus!) some of my clothes (our suitcases are in the bays underneath the bus). At the far end of the bunk I have attached two little racks that hold some stuff, such as my chargers, brochures, postcards and things.

Every morning I am happy I haven’t fallen out of the bunk. Especially on bumpy roads I am sure it would be easy to fall out, also because I know I turn around a lot in my sleep.

Enjoy,
HK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home