To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

GREYHOUND TO MICHIGAN


As if I hadn't taken enough busrides yet this summer, after having been on tour with Blue Devils for four weeks... Today I took another bustrip, but this time for pleasure... That is, I am spending the next two weeks with my relatives in Michigan. Yes,.. I know.. my life sucks!

Spent yesterday with my Jubal friends in Indianpolis, and took the 9:10 AM bus from Indy to Detroit, where I had to change buses to get to Grand Rapids. I almost didn't make that last connection for the trip didn't start all that smoothly.

When everyone was on the bus ready to leave Indianapolis, the driver noticed the airconditioning wasn't working properly, and neither were his brakes.

We were all asked to get off the bus again, a new bus was brought in, loaded and off we went.... about 45 minutes late.

Instead of having 40 minutes to change buses in Detroit I only had about 5 minutes, but I made it in time... Fortunately.

Right now I am at my uncle and aunt's house in Grand Rapids. Always good seeing these long-distance relatives!!! I try to catch up with them every year, which unfortunately isn't always possible.

Should be 21 fun weeks coming up. Tomorrow night we'll have a family dinner, together with their husband/boyfriend and the three kids. Steaks on the grill. Can't wait. Neither to see my two beautiful cousins again too!

Enjoy,

HK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home