To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Sunday, July 21, 2013

PACK, UNPACK, PACK, UNPACK, PACK

It is generally known that I love travelling and that I regularly go on trips abroad, but these last weeks have really topped the list of planning. By far. What a ridiculous schedule!
I had to be in Moeskroen (Belgium) Saturday July 6, drove there with my friends Ivo and Paul, then I had a performance with Jubal in Douai (Northern France) on Sunday the 7th. Fortunately I could stay overnight with some French fiends near Lille so I didn’t have to go back up to the Netherlands for 220 kilometres, and back the same route the next morning. After the performance we drove straight to Paris, as the bus for the annual school excursion to Paris that I organize was to leave at 2AM on Monday morning, so I hooked up with them at 8:30 upon their arrival. Another fun trip, taking 72 teenagers on a trip to Paris, with three jam-packed days!

Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Champs Élysées, Montmartre, Moulin Rouge, Sacré Coeur, Quartier Latin, boat trip on the Seine, La Défense, Louvre, Place de la Concorde,… and a full day in Disneyland Paris. I was pooped when I got home.
Thursday was the last day at school. I was glad I was able to finish everything I had planned to do to finish this schoolyear and get ready for the next adventure: We were taking the corps (Jubal) to Italy for 8 days! And the bus would be leaving that same night at 11PM. Well,.. I don’t need all that much time to pack, so I had my stuff together in no time.
I wasn’t looking too much forward to a 16-hour bus ride, but hey,… the trip would be more than worth it. One hour after arrival in Vicenza the corps was marching through the streets of Vicenza. I don’t think Jubal has ever had a performance that quickly after such a long busride.
Saturday all day rehearsal and a performance of our show in Cogollo del Cengio, plus a parade into town. Sunday all day in San Felice sul Panaro. Monday another rehearsal day and a parade, concert and town festival in Cogollo. We stayed in Cogollo del Cengio all week. What a beautiful venue!! Surrounded by mountains.

Tuesday we had a day off in Venice, Wednesday rehearsal and free time in Verona, Thursday a 12-hour busride to Ludwigshafen (Germany), Friday on to Geleen for an afternoon and evening of rehearsal. Saturday was the day of the World Music Championships in Kerkrade. We participated in World Division Show and took first place with a score of 90.18 points.
When I got home around midnight I had to unpack my duffle bag and repack a suitcase, as I was leaving for the USA 6 hours later to join the Blue Devils for three weeks. I don’t think I ever packed this quickly! It was a very short night!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home