To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005 TOP 10

Reflecting on the year 2005 I have come up with my top-10 list …

10.
Single again… well,.. almost (officially) … – Divorce is in very final stage. FINALLY ! Thank goodness! It has taken way too long. My own stupid fault though. Should have decided a divorce right away when the bomb went off. Probably too hard to let things go,… Glad this situation is pretty much over now. Hate it ! Has hurt way too much! Still does…. Always will… (only therefore in last place)

9.
Work – Finally have found some more pleasure at work at the school I teach at now. Thought of quitting a few times over the last few years. Have been very very disappointed with the level of the kids at this school, but this year seems to be a little different. Some are finally picking things up and even remember stuff when they get a test. It’s still a struggle though at times. But actually I have a few classes that are a challenge to work with kids even eager to learn!


8.
Ritchie Price – Got to meet one of my idols last summer again. This great trumpet player used to march with the Rhode Island Matadors for many years, right before I marched with them in 1984. This summer he was performing with the Empire Statesmen (my favourite DCA corps!)

7.
Jamie Cullum – Have been to quite a few concerts, but Jamie Cullum’s concert at the Heineken Music Hall earlier this month comes very close to my favourite! I think only Harry Connick Jr. and Herman Brood (Back on the Corner) rank better.

6.
Friendship – so happy to have friends! Some have meant a lot to me this year. Got to meet some new friends too this year, some of which I know from the past. Neat! Sometimes one should look more on the sunny side of life.

5.
Gran Canaria – Had an absolutely great holiday with the rest of the family at one of the Canary Islands in February. Beautiful hotel, excellent food, nice environment, fabulous shopping, all-inclusive drinks & Piña Coladas, entertainment, excursions… Even got to see the opening of Carnaval season and the crowning of the Queen of Carnaval. Unfortunately the weather wasn’t at its best.. Oh well,…

4.
Modena – Italy. The absolute highlight of the performing season was the four day trip to Italy beginning of July. A very relaxed trip. Not too many gigs, but everywhere we played we were extremely well received and cheered for. My favourite musical friends from the States – The Concord Blue Devils – were there too. WOW ! So much fun at the gym we all stayed at. Evenings were very long!

3.
Wedding & US relatives – When my brother and sister-in-law got married in September all of our relatives from Michigan were over to attend the wedding! GREAT! We all had a lot of fun with them while they were over. Too bad we live so far away from each other. Am sure we would all visit much more regularly. Family is a valuable thing in life!

2.
On Tour with Blue Devils - This summer I toured with the Concord Blue Devils again on their DCI 2005 Tour. I had toured with them in 2004 as well, including the Tour of Champions all the way to California. This year I worked for them as a volunteer again, helping out with the Devils Food (the cook staff), driving the souvie truck & trailer, doing some paint jobs, and simply helping out wherever I could. A lot of photographs I took appeared on their website. Have also been able to do a lot of work for our own corps’ scheduled USA Tour for next summer.

1.
Ruby – My very first niece! In August, when I was in the States, this new little baby was born in our family. My niece is incredibly cute! Have posted about her before. Best thing that happened in 2005!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home