To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Thursday, June 26, 2008

5262 MILES / 8468 KILOMETRES


I will be going on Tour again this summer! And some trip it's going to be.... USA,.. HERE I COME!

Just like in 2004, 2005 and 2007 I will be joining the Blue Devils drum & bugle corps as a volunteer on their staff. In 2005 I mainly drove "the Cheeseball" (the souvie vehicle & trailer) and helped out on "Devil's Food" (the food truck), whereas last summer it was primarily cooking for the 170 people on tour every single day.

Should be another exciting tour again, ending in Indiana at the DCI World Championships.

I will fly to Denver and hook up with the corps at the "Drums Along the Rockies" show.
From there I will be seeing some 5000+ miles being put on the odometers.
This will be my travelling itinerary with the corps:
Denver, Colorado
Lincoln, Nebraska
Hutchinson, Kansas
Dallas, Texas
San Antonio, Texas
Denton, Texas
Somewhere in Mississippi
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Atlanta, Georgia
Charlotte, North Carolina
Charleston, West Virginia
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Canton, Ohio
and
Indianapolis/Bloomington, Indiana

After the DCI Championships I will be visiting my relatives in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo in the State of Michigan and I will most definitely make a trip to Chicago.

I'm very much looking forward to this trip and unique experience again. Will be seeing some good friends on the other side of the Ocean that I only get to see once a year. Too bad we all live so far away from eachother!

One more week of school, and a quick trip to Italy with my own corps,.. and I'm off to the States. Some year this is going to be again!

Enjoy,

HK




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home