To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

LAUNDRY & AFTERNOON/EVENING OFF

Taking the corps to a Laundr-O-Mat is always fun. I remember very well from our Jubal trips in 2002 and 2006. Especially 2006, when our corps director and vice-president were the first ones off the bus, ran into the place to make sure they had a washing machine before everybody else. That was hilarious! When they came in they dumped their dirty laundry into a machine quickly (while everybody else was figuring out how the place worked) and got a very surprised look from a lady standing next to them. She probably wondered if all foreigners put their laundry in the DRYER first… Obviously by that time all the washing machines were being used by the other members.

At Devils they usually take the corps to two or three Laundr-O-Mats (or similar places). Even though some of them are fairly big,… there’s no way they can accommodate 150 people’s laundry at the same time!

With the Nest we always go to a different place form where the corps is taken. Shared a machine with Keith. Neither of us had a whole lot to wash. And the machines were more than big enough.s taken. separate place laundry at the same time. fairly big,...milar places). ng used by the other members.

em. y (while everybody else was fig Laundry takes about an hour. Across the street there’s usually a small shopping plaza. Unfortunately this was not the case where we went. The only places around were a Pawn Shop, a gas station and Sonic. So I walked over (in fact al of us did) and we had a bite.

The rest of the day we were off.

Since I had been up till 5 PM the night before with bus driver J-Glenn, celebrating his 43rd birthday\, I felt it was time for a little nap. I only woke up when all the BD vehicles had already been parked at the Mall they dropped the corps off. Nobody had woken me up when they left the bus. I think I only got up about 45 minutes after they had all left.

I had hoped we got a free day in downtown Dallas, but a mall was chosen instead.

I toured the place twice. Only went into a few shows, didn’t buy all that much.

Took quite some time in the bookstore. Excellent selection! Some good cookbooks!

I picked up a wireless signal at the Food Court, so I spent some time there too updating my weblog, checking my email, sending my dad a E-card for his birthday (Have a happy one dad!!!), sending Blue Devils action shots to the corps’ webmaster to be used on the website (look under A-corps – Media – Photos 2008) s action shots to the corpsng my weblog, checking my email, sending my dad a card for his all left.

and I surfed the net a little bit. Other than that I think this kind of free day is pretty boring.

I can see the point corps management has though. They are guaranteed to have everyone together! I’m sure quite a few members went and see the latest Batman film! I didn’t really feel like seeing a movie. Last time I did that in the States was on our last day with the group that stayed behind after our Jubal tour. I only saw the commercials an film trailers for new upcoming films then. I slept right through the main feature film! OK,… I was tired after that tour alright….

I saw a lot of unfamiliar “white feet” at the mall. It turned out the Bluecoats had their free day there as well. I will explain the term “white feet” later, but it’s got to do with the members’ suntan.

The buses were ready to roll out of the parkinglot at 10PM. We waited another half hour or so before the staffbus was back. Some of them are riding our bus on tour.

pictures on both last post coming up soon. Having some problems with my own laptop.

Enjoy,

HK

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoi Hans, Leuk om je verslagen weer te lezen! Ik heb ook even een link gezet op mijn blog, zodat de Jong-Hollanders je ook weten te vinden!

http://basvanbreugel.wordpress.com/2008/07/24/hans-kloppert-is-cooking-for-the-devils/

Succes, het eten moet goed zijn als ze zulke scores neerzetten!

Groeten,

Bas van Breugel

1:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home