To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Monday, July 28, 2008

STAFF DINNER

All of Blue Devils support staff (cooks & drivers) were invited for a buffet dinner by Pete Emmons the other night. We went to “Ryan’s”, where an incredibly varied buffet was waiting for us. You name,… they had it. From steak to spare ribs or grilled chicken, a full salad bar, loads of vegetables including sprouts (I still wonder why they call them Brussels sprouts here…), corn on the cob, a full Taco bar, and my favourite… the DESSERT BAR. Quite a selection of cakes, puddings, brownies, cookies, muffins, fruit, but also an ice-cream machine.



Two plates/bowls was hardly enough for me. First of all I had three plates from the dinner buffet, but then I had the whole crew waiting for me to finish my dessert. They all wondered where all that food went and how come I could eat so much. I always say… “There’s always room for dessert!” (especially if there’s ice-cream and whipped cream!!!)

That was a fun night! We took one of the member buses there, even though the restaurant was only a mere 300 yards from the school. We could have easily walked there!
Oh,... and when I had gone for my first plate one of the drivers had put a kiddy seat in my chair.

Enjoy,


HK

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hé HK!

Leuk om al je avonturen weer te kunnen volgen!!
Je taarten zien er geweldig uit (en je foto's natuurlijk ook wel een beetje)

Have fun

De Wassies

10:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home