To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Thursday, August 14, 2008

CHICAGO, MY KIND OF TOWN !


My Kind Of Town

Now this could only happen to a guy like me

And only happen in a town like this
And so I say to each of you most gratefully
As I throw each one of you a kiss

This is my kind of town, Chicago is
My kind of town, Chicago is
My kind of people too
People who, smile at you

And each time I roam, Chicago is
Calling me home, Chicago is
One town that won't let you down
It's my kind of town

My kind of town, Chicago is
My kind of town, Chicago is
My kind of razzmatazz
And it has, all that jazz

And each time I leave, Chicago is
Tuggin' my sleeve, Chicago is
The Wrigley Building, Chicago is
The Chicago Cubbies, Chicago is
One town that won't let you down
It's my kind of town

That's how the song - once written by Sammy Cahn/James van Heusen and performed by Frank Sinatra - goes...

And I couldn't agree more! It's a great town. Have been there quite a few times already, and will most definitely go back many more times... I like a lot of the big cities in the States, but Chicago is high on the priority list.
Spent a fun (half) day there with my relatives today. My cousin came along, and brought her three young kids (5, 3 and 17 months). They are just adorable!!!!!!!

Navy Pier is a "must-see", so is Millenium Park!
We walked quite a bit, took a ride in the Ferris Wheel, and enjoyed every minute of being in this great town.

Can you believe I actually went to MacDonalds today? Four and a half weeks here in the States, and this was my first visit to this fast food joint.

Enjoy,

HK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home