To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Sunday, July 26, 2009

A CROWD OF OVER 12000 IN THE GEORGIA DOME IN ATLANTA


Another fantastic event today! Too bad I only just walked into the Dome when the Glassmen were marching off the field. That's too bad! I did get to see the rest of the evening's performances. The show had started at 4PM, but there was no way I was going to make that, especially not with all the cooking still going on at Devils!
At the food truck I had put together 5 dinnerboxes for Promo (the people at the souvie table). I had expected some trouble at the gate of the dome for bringing in food, but the third guy I talked to let me in.
At one of the gates I ran into Jim Peterson. I marched with him in Reading Buccaneers back in 1987. So much fun seeing people back I haven't seen in so many years! I wonder who else I'm going to run into these upcoming weeks...
My friend Els from Belgium flew into Atlanta today as well. She will be volunteering with Bluecoats. She marches Calypso back in Belgium and used to march Beatrix for a number of years too. And all the way at the end of the evening Erik looked me up. The members of Carolina Crown who fell ill the other week are pretty much all back on the field. That's great! I was able to locate Erik in their show a lot more than in San Antonio, so I managed to take some great shots of him in action!
This dome is a cool place. For drumcorps it's not all that fantastic especially from a musical point. We know from experience that playing in a dome can be quite strange. It's great for the crowd! The stands go up very high. And when it rains you'll stay dry. Well,... not always. In 2006 when we performed here there was a major thunderstorm outside and part of the roof collapsed, so some of us got drenched alright!
Blue Devils swept this show tonight. BIG TIME!
The lead over Cavaliers is a strong 1.8 points, but that doesn't say all that much. We all remember what happened last season! 95.25 points is pretty darn high with another two weeks ahead of us!
Cavaliers placed second with a score of 93.45 points, then Carolina Crown (who had even be beaten by SCV last night..) took third with 92.60 points and upset the Holy Name Cadets who had to settle for fourth place with a score of....
It's all very close!! Should be exciting weeks coming up!

Enjoy,

HK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home