To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Saturday, July 11, 2009

FINALLY IN DENVER


It took a while.... but I'm finally here. At Denver International Airport, where I should have arrived EIGHT hours ago!!! Man, what a ride this was.
We sat at the airport for a long time, and were litterally just dumped there by the Northwest Airlines staff/crew, who had to rush to their hotel to get some rest. Nobody bothered about this group of 150-160 stranded passengers. OK... they arranged buses for us to be transported to our original destination DENVER, but other than that... NOTHING!
No vouchers for a drink or a meal or anything, no voucher as a compensation for the delay... We just sat there and waited.
The three buses had plenty of room for all of us and the ride was OK. We only got here little before 5AM though!!
I decided to find a Northwest Airlines supervisor to file my complaint about the ridiculous way they had dealt with this situation. I got a voucher for future travel out of the pretty irritated way I had this conversation with him. So that's a start. He suggested I'd contact the KLM customer's service in Amsterdam for dealing further with this. I will try and get a mail out ASAP.
In the meantime I am enjoying breakfast at the airport (which happens to be very lively at this time of day!!), got my webcam installed and just talked to my colleague Jurrie on MSN.
So,.. NO I am NOT bored.
I simply don't want to wake up any Blue Devils people at this early hour yet!
I'll just wait until they're starting breakfast over there. They're not that far away from the airport. Brighton, CO is only about 15-20 miutes away.
I bet I will be taking a nap some time today before heading to the show. I think I could use a little more sleep!

Enjoy,

HK

1 Comments:

Blogger ingrid said...

Nou leuke trip heb je er op zitten!
doe iedereen in de cooktruck de hartelijke groeten van mij, big hugh voor carol, gail marie en Marian! Sla Anja maar over!!!! tuut tuut tuut grtjes Ingrid

5:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home