To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Friday, August 21, 2009

BLUE DEVIL IN TOWN



Today I met up with one of the Blue Devils baritone/euphonium players (2008/2009) who happens to live only a couple of miles from where we're staying. What are the odds on that?? It's a small world!

Colin Meyer is one of the guys in the corps that has continuously kept making positive comments on my cooking with Devils Food. I kinda got embarrassed when he explained to my parents today what the word was within the corps about my being part of the cooking crew...

When I posted on Facebook that we were on a holiday here at the Destin West Resort in Fort Walton Beach, he immediately responded saying "Hey, I live in Destin!"
So after a few phone calls and voice mail messages (the guy is harder to get a hold of than the President I think!) he picked me up at the condo early afternoon. We had a few drinks at the condo first, I introduced him to the family and I took him to lunch (in fact he took me, but I paid the bill).
We went to McGuire's, an Irish bar/restaurant just across the bridge in Destin. Great place! They brew their own beer.



Colin suggested we should take their special drink/cocktail... Well so much for that suggestion when the waitress carded us. I thought she was kidding, but she explained they officially have to card everyone under 30. Well,... I think I should take that as a compliment then, for I never got that drink, and ended up having Coke with lunch.


The burger was great though! Amzingly huge! So were the fries.
Speaking of a small world. I noticed the shirt the guy at the table next to us was wearing. It was a Zildjian shirt. Now, you don't see those shirts all that often, so we get to talk to him an guess what.. he marched Cavaliers in 2001 and 2002!!

Colin warned me for going to the restrooms. I was expecting some crazy stuff going on in this place, but when I got there I didn't notice anything particular,...
Until I took a closer look at the signs on the doors!! I admit,.. I went to the Ladies' room.




Back at the condo my cousins had just come back from the outlet mall and were fixing PiƱa Coladas. Colin must have had a smooth massage class tonight!

Enjoy,

HK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home