To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Friday, August 28, 2009

NORTHWORST AIRLINES ????



*#&%@$## !!!!!!!!!

So I booked my transatlantic flight with our national pride KLM AIRLINES a long time ago. Their baggage regulations say there is a free allowance of 2 checked bags + the regular carry-on bag.

These flight today from Grand Rapids to Detroit and from Detroit to Amsterdam are operated by Northwest Airlines (a KLM-partner).

When I just checked in they charge me $50 for the 2 bags I wanted to check !!!!
I first thought the guy was kidding me...
Then he tells me he would have to charge me another $50 for the 5 pounds of overweight on one of the bags, unless I moved some stuff to the other bag.

It looks like all airlines are starting to try and make some extra money with these new rules charging money for your luggage. It's like we have known from airlines such ar Easyjet and Ryanair. That's how they can keep their flight fares low.
This KLM flight to the States wasn't low AT ALL! I would have understood better if that was the case. Northwest Airlines is definitely turning into Northworst Airlines.
Before we know it we will be paying for going to the lavatory on the plane!!



I have to write a letter to KLM Customer Service anyway about the awful way they (or their Delta partner which operated my flight here) dealt wit the delay coming into Denver, so that'll be a nice letter of complaint I am sure!

Enjoy,

HK

1 Comments:

Blogger Fabio Azul said...

That's not fair! They need to change their rules or combine them.

2:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home