To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Friday, May 04, 2007

DELICIOUS !..... FAUCHON


For some reason I keep getting back to Paris in this blog…

Whenever I visit Paris I simply HAVE TO stop at some of the fine Parisian Patisseries. One of my favourite places to buy gâteaux is absolutely Stroher at 51, Rue Montorgueil. Not only is this little street a unique place to be, but it somehow still has the atmosphere of Les Halles.

Les Halles was once the heart of Paris, named after the market founded 1183, when King Philippe II Auguste enlarged the previous marketplace in Paris and covered it, making a series of halls. It functioned as the main source of foodstuffs for Parisians for almost 700 years.

I love taking photographs of the delicious gâteaux in the windows of the paitisseries. Kind of took over the idea of taking cake-shots from my good friend Lisa from the States!

The gâteau in the picture above was on display (for only € 33) in the shop window of another great delicatessen store: Fauchon, at their magnificent store on Place de la Madeleine.

Enjoy,

HK

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what did you buy at Stroher?
I may make your cake-shot my new screen saver! It was fun leaning in to take those shots, then looking up to see a curious (suspicious?) shop-owner staring down at us. Lisa

6:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home