To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Friday, August 01, 2008

A DAY OFF


Yesterday was nice too. Got a visit from Luigi, Trinet and their son Mike (all Jubal!) and Willi Schouten, who lives in Ephrata (just down the road from where we were staying). Her late husband Wim is the one who got Jubal to adopt the drumcorps style back in the early 1960s, and purchased a the very first set of G-bugles to be used outside of the USA.

Unfortunately I didn't have that much time for them, but it was sure great to see Willi again! Will see the others at the show tonight. There's more people from Jubal showing up tonight! And then... the Beatrix corps is performing tonight as well. They're doing pretty good actually in Open Class.

I took (or rather GOT) the day off from Blue Devils today, so I could spend it with my best friend in the States: Lisa.

She picked me up after the West Chester show last night, after her concert with the Wind Symphony Orchestra.

I had not seen her new house, that she moved to a few years ago, yet. Very nice!! And the yard is huge! Lots of work to get it ready for the new season!

I am glad the food order at BD came in yesterday, so I could help stack everything away in the food truck. Even for this last week they ordered an incredible amount of food and stuff. Oh well. Some products don't go bad. I am sure they can use them at the next audition camps.

Last night we stayed up pretty late and talked, and talked. Always great fun! Spent a week in Paris with Lisa last October. Great company. Same interests. Especially enjoyed the visit to Dehillerin (a store for culinary needs)

Today we'll probably do some shopping. The good news about the state of Delaware is that there are no taxes here!!! I'm sure products will be a lot cheaper than in most other states.

I think I will go to Best Buy. Might buy an I-touch. They're way cheaper than back home. Might pick up a few CDs too.

Last night I saw Erik & Joury with Glassmen again too. They're having a great time. I will see them again tonight at the show in Allentown. I made them a cake (just like last year). Turned out pretty neat! Will post some more photos of Erik and Joury here later today.


Enjoy,

HK


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home