To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Sunday, July 12, 2009

FIRST CAKES


My first day here has been a very productive one...
After the show in Denver we left for Hutchinson (Kansas), which was about 500 some miles. You bet I slept alright!
Once up I helped out in the kitchen pretty much all day and got to see some of the ensemble rehearsal and tonight's runthrough as well. Kids were asking if they were getting dessert now I was here. i decided to make two cakes.
They hadn;t really had any dessert on tour up until now, mainly because there simply wasn't any time making them with the available three ladies on Devils Food staff.
The Chocolate/coconut turned out pretty neat, with the "1930" title of the show. The other one was an experiment: a double layer spice cake (no... not a space cake!) with strawberry preserve. I kinda liked the icing on the top!
We had meatballs & gravy on rice for dinner.
I think I will hit the sack early tonight!
Enjoy,
HK

1 Comments:

Anonymous Robin de Vries said...

Hey Hans,

mooie cake hey.
Have fun en doe alle (ex)jubalers de groeten

2:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home