To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Monday, July 27, 2009

AIRCARD


Brandon Zackey (center, standing) - official photo for Vic Firth advertising

Maybe I should have found one of these for this tour, giving me access to the internet down the road. But even the prepaid version that can do 2GB of data seems to be quite expensive, so I'll just go with whatever Wifi signal I can pick up at schools or stadiums.

Yesterday Annette Zackey joined our food crew and she lets me use her blackberry hook up for the internet, so I can update more easily than before. Annette was here also last year. Her son Brandon is marching with the corps. He's a tenor player in the drumline.

So we also have more help in the kitchen this week, with booster club vice president Yvonne back on board and Annette.

I sometimes gets a bit too crowded in the aisle. Yesterday's lunch we did was a HIT!
Taco bake casserole, with layers of tortilla chips, cheese and a mixture of ground beef/kidney beans/tomato paste/and a lot of spices. Then in the over for a good hour. Excellent result. And to be honest.... we could have made another big pan, for we ran out! I can't believe they went through three and a half big pans in half an hour.

Last night we made spaghetti and garlic bread. I had already made the garlic butter in the afternoon so it could sit for a couple of hours and have the flavours & ingredients blend well.

Enjoy,

HK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home