To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Sunday, July 19, 2009

After an interesting busride last night, with a flat tyre on one of the member buses, we got to San Antonio later than planned. Breakfast as scheduled: pancakes, bacon and the stuff such as cereals that goes out on the tables every morning.

Shortly after breakfast I started working on dinner which was MEAT LOAF. That's a pretty easy one! Just mix ground beef with a bunch of spices, chopped onions and shredded carrots, then make nice rolls again in a big pan for the oven, and cook it for about two hours. I started early because I wanted to go to the Alamodome early to see Glassmen. Carolina

Crown wasn't on until shortly before Blue Devils anyway, so I wouldn't miss those.
Just like last year I took public transportation to go to the dome. Easy going!
I got to the dome right on time, for Glassmen were next. Cool show! Marcel is doing a great job. Lost a couple of lbs too!! I got to chat to him briefly after the show, but we will meet again (together with Erik) tomorrow on their free day in San Antonio.

Erik was on much later. Carolina Crown has really made their way up to the top these last few years. Very unusual to see a lot of green in the uniforms. Especially the plumes on the shakos. i don't think I've ever seen those before. The color guard is all green too. Some interesting outfits. All different. I couldn't figure out why some looked like Tinkerbell.

Handed Erik the chocolate his brother asked me to give him. Hope it didn't melt.
What a great show Carolina Crown is putting on the field! WOW!
They came in fourth tonight.

Enjoy,

HK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home