To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

BLOODY HOT IN TEXAS


We got to Little Elm in Texas early this morning. I had fallen asleep in one of the seats up front in the bus. Before brunch I walked a few miles, and ended up at Wal-Mart. You HAVE TO go to Wal-Mart if there's one in the area. I remembered from the last two years we were here that there was one not too far away from the school.

This school - Little Elm High School - is a spectacular complex. It's amazing to see the differences between European (Dutch) high schools and some of the schools out here. The building itself is unbelievable. Great architecture! Huge hallways, a couple of gyms (for all different sports), a theatre, sports fields,... the expression goes "Everything is big in Texas"... well for this school that certainly is no lie!

As I said we were here in 2007 and 2008 as well. The band director - Frank Felice - is a very friendly guy. He always gives the corps a warm welcome. This year he even organized a shuttle service back and forth to Wal-Mart and Starbucks in the morning. Unfortunately I only found out about the shuttle until after I had already walked back.


Today's dinner was on my account: Stir-Fry Chicken teryiaki and Sweet & Sour. I am glad it was a success again this year! The "pindasaus" (peanut sauce - not common here in the States, or unknown rather!) was a big hit too. The whole parking lot smelled like garlic and soy sauce all afternoon when I was cooking.

I am pretty sure we will repeat this meal some other time these next three weeks!

The corps rehearsed at the school in the afternoon, but just went to a stadium nearby for the evening block. Unfortunately the lights at the stadium don't work, so they will be back early.

Tonight's snack is Root Beer Floats. Not my favourite,... I'll just have the icecream I guess.

Enjoy,

HK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home