To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Saturday, July 18, 2009

ANOTHER FRIEND I HAVEN'T SEEN IN MAYBE 15 YEARS STOPPED BY !



Wow... it's almost as if this tour is turning into sort of a reunion. First Megan from Beverly Massachusetts, then Charles Kendrick with his wife yesterday, and guess what...
We travelled to San Antonio last night for the big regional today - we're flipping the pancakes on the grill and there's someone on the stairs of the food truck peeking in... and he looks REALLY FAMILIAR.

I couldn't believe it, but it was one of my best friends back in 1987 (yes,.. nineteen eighty-seven!) when we marched Reading Buccaneers together: Don Morabito.
I had only recently found him on Facebook among some other Buccaneers alumni members. I haven't seen this guy since,.... shit I don't know how long!

He marched Suncoast Sound color guard shortly afterwards- if not the year after we both marched Bucs - and I got to see him at DCI in orlando. He almost talked me into taking those seagulls the guard was using in the show that year back to The Netherlands. Then, a couple of years my phone back homes rings,.. and he's at the Dordrecht airport! Only spent a day then.
What a pleasant surprise. He was in town for some sort of convention, looked at Ticketmaster to see if there was a musical or game going on, and found out DCI was in town. he had read on Facebook I was touring with BD, so looked up where we were staying. Too bad his flight back to Pennsylvania is later today, otherwise we could have spent some time and hung oiut downtown San Antonio tomorrow, since it will be our day off! Don lives in West Chester now. There's a dci show there on July 30, but we're not in it. I might just end up there with Lisa. we'll see what happens.
So far from home, but accidentally so close... I like it!
I wonder who will be next.

Enjoy,
HK

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jurrie said...

great T-shirt

BR JT

8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home