To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Thursday, July 16, 2009

GOING TO DALLAS



July 16,.... Happy Birthday, bro!!!
Well,.. I should admit.. I had a float as well last night, but NOT with root beer. I hate that stuff! I took one with orange soda. Tasted pretty good actually. The soda makes the ice cream foamy. Lights were out at 11PM last night, so that meant getting up early this morning fix breakfast.
Devils Food (the nickname for the food-crew) usually gets up an hour and a half to two hours before the corps does to get brekfast or brunch ready in time before the corps gets out of bed. Quite a variety of food on the table this morning. Hash browns, scrambled egg, fried ham, breakfast pizza (from the other day), home fries, and PB&J sandwiches, but they're out at every meal. There are always members who don't really like what we serve.
I finally got to work on the band director's computer some time today and was able to check my email and look at some websites. Unfortunately Facebook, MSN and weblogs are blocked, so I still couldn't post a new message. Perhaps at the stadium in Dallas tonight.
I read that some good friends of mine had a baby girl yesterday. CONGRATS Jasper & Vera!!! On the Jubal website I read that the corps officially announced our scheduled trip to the States in 2011 too now. Perhaps I was a bit too enthusiastic when I already posted something here the other day.
Spaghetti tonight was pretty darn good and tasty! We're on our way to Dallas now for the show. It's about an hour's drive. Two more shows after this before our free day and laundry. I think I'll just dod my laundry at one of the schools and go downtown San Antonio early to enjoy the whole day off. I am hoping to see my buddies Erik and Marcel and hear all about their experiences with Carolina Crown and Glassmen respectively. I am sure they're having the time of their lives.
Erik already marched two seasons with Glassmen and has now been winning all shows so far on the East Coast. They beat the Holy Name Cadets with quite a margin last night. Good for them! Marcel is in his rookie year with Glassmen's tuba section. The corps is having a good season as well.Too bad we can't go to a bar together this Sunday. I bet they miss being on the road with Jubal, where you can't miss finding six-packs of Jupiler in the buses.
Sheryl went to the post office today and picked up some stamps for me. Every other couple of shows the corps has a mail stop. Lots of parents and friends send stuff to the members. Cookies are among the kids' favourites. The cafetaria floor is usually full of packages and boxes. This year with the financial crisis hitting the country pretty bad, it's noticable there is not as much mail as in previous years.

Enjoy,
HK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home