To achieve great things, two things are needed;.............. a plan, and not quite enough time. (NOTE: MOST PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS WEBLOG COPYRIGHT BY HANS KLOPPERT)

Saturday, July 18, 2009

MEETING MORE FRIENDS
Another surprise today. Charles Kendrick and his wife stopped by today as well. I had expected to see him yesterday, since he lives in Dallas. Charles is a great guy. I think I first met him on tour back in 2004. He builds maquettes (model buildings). Check www.charleskendrick.com !
And he is a talented photographer too! He used to come to shows in the Dallas area and shot great pictures of the corps. Just like last year he stopped by Starbucks and broought delicious frappuccinos for all of us. I had something strawberry. Excellent! I think he is staying for the show tonight.
The band director Damon let me use his computer to add a new update. That was nice! Unfortunately this school didn't have wifi. And if it did, the blogs and gmail would be blocked just like at other schools.
It almost looked like rain whe rehearsal was over and the members came back to the school for dinner. We made about 400 hamburgers on the grill. Gail was the head griller today. I took care of two other cakes: white cake/peach and chocolate/almonds/marshmallow. The marshmallow gave a great effect to the cake. Tonight before snack I will decorate it. It's one of the tuba's birthday today. I'm looking at making fondant for some of the cakes in the next three weeks. That would give the cakes a different look. I can add some more colour too then. I'll try to put this year's show logo on one of the cakes, but that's going to be a difficult one!
We just got to the stadium. Corps are getting ready for their warm ups. Megan just brought me a little present: A CASE OF MY FAVOURITE BEER! Thanks megan!! Let's see if there's a wifi signal there.
Enjoy,

HK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home